I saw this ideas somewhere in the blogisphere but I can't remember where, of course I didn't book mark it, thank you to who ever posted it!
We rolled a piece of paper and put it inside a plastic barrel (old pretzel barrel), squirted some paint inside - we used watercolours because that was what we had handy. Then dropped a few objects inside, put the lid on TIGHT and shook and rolled and rolled and shook....
we started with buttons
and moved onto empty plastic cotton reels
this was cotton buds
this used marblesIt was a fun project and we will be doing it again, possibly today since it is wet and miserable outside!
I am working on updating the shop, cleaning the house (my aunt, uncle and cousin arrive Monday) and I will announce the next swap over the next few days.... stay tuned!