I have wanted to do some work with pressed flowers and leaves for some while but when I see the cost of the flower presses I always get put off. Then when I was in the ¥100 shop I had a thought.... so I picked up a pack of MDF, you get 2 pieces pre-cut and 2 sets of clamps. So that is what we used, we sandwiched the flowers in between layers of craft paper and then tightened the clamps and left it for a week.
When we opened it Ebi-kun spent time making stories using the leaves and flowers.
It was interesting to see how well some of the colours were still so vibrant. Now I know that it works OK we will try with the leaves since they are changing colours now. What I do want to do with the press is get some long bolts, drill holes in the corners of the MDF then use bolts and washers to hold it tight, the clamps work but are not very secure.