We made our cards on one of the days Ebi-kun was off from school sick. It is really easy to do and quite impressive when you are finished.
What you need:
Card ( we used some that we had marbled earlier in the week)
Pens/Crayons and white card for your pop up image
1. Take a piece of card.
2. Fold it in half, so that the crease in the picture below is at the top of the card.
3. You don't need to really draw these lines but for the sake of the tutorial, draw two lines, about 2cm long and the same distance apart.
4. Cut along the lines and push the piece inwards.
5. When you open up the card, you will have a little pop up area as shown below.
6. This bit is important, you need to measure the distance from top of the pop up section to the top of the card, this is the maximum height of your pop up image. We placed a piece of card as shown below and cut it to size and then Ebi-kun used the card to make the pop up image.
When you have drawn your image, cut it out and stick it with glue to the front on the pop up box section.
That's it, you are done. You can cut more than one pop up section and make them different sizes for more of a 3D effect.
We got quite busy and made a big pile of cards, all different of course. If you make some, let me know how they turn out!