Ebi-kun picked this recipe out and I have to share because they were so, so, so good! Yes, that good! We made them for breakfast on father's day, which was a change because usually daddy makes the pancakes at the weekend.
Recipe:Makes 12 small pancakes
200g ricotta cheese
pinch of salt
50g caster sugar
25g melted butter
3 eggs, separated
zest of 2 lemons
50g plain flour
200g mango (we used frozen)
little sugar (to sweeten if needed)
Banana or other fruit to decorate.
Make the sauce:
1. Stick everything in a blender and whizz until smooth. Put aside.
Make the pancakes:
1. Beat together the ricotta, salt, sugar, melted butter, egg yolk and lemon zest.
2. Fold in the flour.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff then gentle fold into the pancake mix.
4. Heat a pan or griddle and brush lightly with melted butter.
5. Place tablespoons of batter in the pan, with space between them, then they have bubbles on the surface, flip them over for a minute, then place on a place and keep warm whilst you cook the rest.
Try not to burn your finger or anybody else's in the process (lesson learned!)
6. Pile the pancakes on a plate, decorate with some sliced fruit and drizzle mango sauce around the edge.
7. Invite me round to try them out, just to make sure they are up to scratch :)
Lovely start to the day, well except for the burnt finger incident, but he will live! Daddy was happy with his new t-shirts. The rest of the day, we did the usual, aikido, lunch, grocery shopping. Then the boys watched the recorded Japan Vs Brazil game. Nice to actually sit and chill for part of the weekend!
Happy father's day Yasutoki, you really are a great dad!