One thing I do at camp which I never do at home is cook a full English breakfast. Yes, it's insane, at home I have all the equipment set up for an easy life but at camp I do it all on this little Trangia stove…
With the set you get 2 saucepans, a frying pan and we have a kettle too and it all fits inside each other. The stove runs on meths and it really light. I first started using one when I was in the scouts and we did a lot of hiking and mountaineering, I have to say, I love the little thing!
Now, to cook a full English, there is a lot of skill required…
First prepare everything so it's ready to go as soon as you light the stove. We usually have sausage, bacon, baked beans and scrambled egg. The baked beans are in the largest pan, the eggs are beaten and the sausage and bacon are ready. You also need to get your plates and cutlery ready before you start cooking, there is no temp control on the stove so you start there is no stopping!
1. Light the stove, cook the sausages first - they take the longest to cook and retain their heat the longest. When they are done, put them in the small pan and place the big pan with the baked beans in it over the top, to keep the sausages warm.
2. Bacon, sometimes I add the bacon add the bacon to the sausages, depends on the space. When the bacon is done put them in the pan with the sausages and put the beans on the stove. Put the frying pan over the sausage pan as a lid and pour in the eggs.
3. Cooked the beans, when they are done, take them off the heat and put the frying pan back on the stove to cook the eggs.
4. Whilst the eggs are cooking dish out everything else. Finally add the eggs to the plate. Put the kettle on the stove.
5. Sit down and enjoy your breakfast!