Saturday, 15 May 2010

Finding the rhythm....

This is the first full week at yochien and we are slowly finding a new rhythm for the day. The mornings are actually the easiest part, 6.00am the boys get up and get dressed and start preparing breakfast and I get up about 6.30am, they get up earlier so that they can have a bit of daddy time. Daddy gets home late most nights and very rarely is he back before Ebi-kun goes to bed so they have their time in the mornings. By 7.00am we have finished breakfast, I get Ebi-kuns bento things ready and clear the table whilst he brushes his teeth then he packs his bag and goes through the check list to make sure he has everything he needs and daddy gets his things ready at the same time. Then the boys usually have 10-15 minutes time to play or read together, daddy leaves around 7.20am.

 Once daddy has left, Ebi-kun puts the clean dishes away (his job) which usually only takes a few minutes and then we read, well he reads to me. I have found that often, after yochien he is too tired to read but he is full of it first thing so it works quite well. 7.45am he goes to the toilet and gets read to go and I water the garden as we wait for the bus, then he is off and I am free!
It is once if has gone I find it hard, if I get on the computer that is it, I am sucked in until the bus arrives back again and no housework gets done but having tat big chunk of uninterrupted time is so tempting, I really don't want to be hassled with housework but then I don't want to be doing the chores when I could be spending quality time with Ebi-kun, I think what I need is a house maid (in my dreams!)
Ebi-kun gets back around 2.30pm and up to now we have played it by ear, some days he is exhausted so he has a nap other days he wants to play or curl up on the sofa with a pile of books, I still want to Montessori activities with him but until we are back into a proper rhythm we will take it each day as it comes. How do you organise your day?
Pin It button on image hover