Zoe from Playing By The Book is organising an edible book festival which of course means I need to get my creative thinking cap on. There are prizes to be won and what a good excuse to get creative and play with your food!
I haven't decided what to do yet but I was having a think about crazy food I have made in the past....
there are plenty of stories involving castles
One of my favorite, the three little pigs
I think you get the idea! I probably have more buried in the blog. I always enjoy putting the MTD's together and it is fun when there is a theme so I think Zoe's challenge is going to be fun too. What I usually do it...
- Brainstorm the theme, in this case kids books, get Ebi-kun involved.
- Once we have picked a book (and a back up plan) we think of the main characters/theme of the book and think about ways to make them. So for the 3 little pigs, we have animals cutters to cut out the pig and wolf then we just needed to think of ways to make the straw, wood and bricks.
- Make your shopping list and make sure you have everything you need a couple of days before.
- Write out the plan (usually scribbles in my notebook)
- Give yourself time to actually make it.
So, are you in? Ebi-kun already put a suggestion forward for one of the beasts out of beast quest! I think I will be having worlds with him about that...