Ebi-kun has been pestering to make zucchini brownies so yesterday was the day. He is so confident in the kitchen now, he does almost all of it himself, I am basically there to take things in and out of the oven - he isn't really tall enough to do that safely yet.
What you need:
1 c wholewheat flour
1/3 c baking cocoa
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
150g dark chocolate
1/4 c vegetable oil (we used olive because thats all we had, would like to try coconut next time)
1c brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c grated zucchini/courgette (about 3)
9" square pan (greased)
Heat oven to 180deg C
- Grate the courgette/zucchini
- Combine the first 4 ingredient in a bowl
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof dish over a pan of hot water then and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir the oil, sugar egg white and vanilla into the chocolate
- Stir the flour mix into the chocolate
- Stir in the zucchini
- Pour into the tin
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool on a wire rack then cut into squares
Invite me round so I can check you made them OK !