Monday, 6 December 2010

a new bag...

As soon as I saw the great Aunty Cookie fabric that Jodie sent me, I knew it was destined to become a new bag for me. I really liked the pattern from Meg's Sew Liberated book but... I was getting annoyed with loosing things in the bottom of the bag and I also wanted a flap to make it a bit more secure when we go travelling, the other thing was that I wanted the strap to be padded. So I used Meg's pattern as a base and went from there.
 I added pockets on both sides and added a hoop to attach my keys to.
The spotty outer fabric is lovely and very soft and velvety, make you want to stroke it!
I also put a piece of batting between the layers for the strap and after walking around all day Saturday I can say that it is a big improvement.

Pin It button on image hover